- Northwest Coast
All art pieces representing a community or Art school are presented together and you may select and visit each one you like as you go or you may select and add to your Wishlist all the pieces you like to visit them later in more detail from your Wishlist bag.
The Wishlist: this is a convenient way to shop allowing you to simply add to your wishlist all of the items that call your attention and that you can later select to visit in more detail. The wishlist is not a shopping cart, however, you may add an item from your wishlist into your shopping cart after you have decided or considering to purchase.
Art Details: Details about the piece such as medium, materials, size, date and condition of the piece are provided to help you make an informed decision about your purchase. In most cases we add notes and observations and in some cases we include a description by the artist themselves.
Pictures: for your convenience we offer several pictures for each piece at different angles and maybe settings or staged locations to help you assess size and look in a house setting. We spent countless hours to capture and represent faithfully the colors and sharpness of the original paintings and prints, but often it is difficult to capture the real beauty. For this we have intentionally sacrificed a level of performance and speed of navigation to offer you higher quality pictures that require larger file sizes. All pictures have been watermarked for protection.
Pricing: all prices are in Canadian Dollars and exchange conversion to your local currency will be handled by your credit card issuer or method of payment selected. Pricing is set following guidance by the artists themselves or by current market conditions for prints and originals.
Condition: we use this section to provide an objective assessment of the state of the piece such as possible damage or visible defects. Especially in the case of rare prints, it is possible that after the years and different ownerships or type of framing used may affect the integrity of the piece and show relative damage. Pricing is applied reflecting the assessed condition of each piece and as such competitive pricing for rare prints is subject the condition of the piece and not just the piece itself.
The Shopping Cart: items added to your Shopping cart are the items you are considering to purchase and will display calculated subtotals and totals accumulated so far. You may remove items from your shopping cart as you see necessary. No personal or payment information is collected until check-out.
- Depending your province, respective taxes will be applied.
- There are no taxes applied for purchases shipped outside of Canada
- There is no duty applied to Native Canadian artwork when shipped to the United States
- For destinations outside Canada or the US, local declared value taxes may apply. Please consult with your local tax or custom agencies.
Copyright: copyrights of all original artwork presented is owned by the artists and as such their intellectual property is protected by relevant laws. No reproduction of their art may be done without artist’s written approval. Also, for prints, copyright is ownership of relevant art cooperatives or distribution agencies.
Framing: it is indeed magical how a well selected framing and matting job uplifts even further them most humble of a graphic art. It is simply delightful. DaVic will provide framing services at extra cost. However, it is recommended that framing be done by our customers with their local framing service providers. The reason is that framing for prints will require glass and this glass will add risk during shipment in the case it breaks. A better and recommended alternative is that we use acrylic glass for your framing request that is very resistant to impact eliminating risk during shipment. If you would like us to frame your selection, we will be happy to do so. Our shipments will be insured. For original art on stretched canvas, framing is less of risk as there is no glass involved and will look fantastic.
Privacy of information: We take your privacy very seriously and for this reason we do not keep credit card information in our records. All purchase transactions are managed via Stripe. We will only contact you with our newsletters or new acquisitions via email, to which you may unsubscribe at any moment. Your contact information is kept privately and never shared or sold to any other third party.
Shipping: DaVic Art Gallery will pay for shipment costs to any location in Canada and United States.
All our shipments are insured to the retail value of the product.
Shipment to United States:
- For deliveries to United States, DaVic Art Gallery will cover shipment costs only.
- For deliveries to United States, customer is responsible for paying costs that might be in addition to the shipment rates covered by DaVic Art Gallery. This may include applicable duties, taxes, handling or brokerage fees, or any other Custom Clearance related fees.
- For International destinations outside Canada and United States, shipping costs will be calculated and added to your bill total at check-out time after proper estimates are calculated depending on size, weight and destination.
- There might be additional costs associated to delivery such as applicable duties, taxes, handling or brokerage fees, or any other Custom Clearance related fees that will be charged at time of entering country of destination or at time of delivery.
- DaVic Gallery check-out process utilizes a third party plugin to calculate the shipping costs added to the final bill for International destinations. However, after checkout is complete, DaVic Art Gallery will make efforts to find a more cost effective and secure method of shipment. If a more cost effective service provider is employed for your shipment, DaVic Art Gallery will refund and credit the difference between what was paid and the actual cost back to your credit card via Stripe. This may be possible for smaller packages and for products that can be fully insured with less expensive delivery service providers.
*** Returns and exchange policy: if not handled appropriately, graphic art is sensitive to damage that may affect its resale value. The value of a painting or a print is depreciated by the severity of any damage such as stains, folds, creases, dimples, etc that it sustains. To assist you in making the right purchase decision we provide higher than usual picture quality and also ensure transparency and objectivity by fully disclosing the condition of all our pieces, especially for our prints. To prevent reselling items potentially damaged by a previous a purchase we have a NO RETURN, NO EXCHANGE policy once the product is shipped. You may receive full refund on deposits or layaways made, but once the product is shipped out to your designated destination, no return will be accepted. We take your purchase and loyalty very seriously and for this we place much effort on our selections, our sources, our presentation, our pricing and service to help you make an informed decision. We trust our sources and expertise and for this reason we offer a longer than average one month return policy for products purchased from DaVic that are proven without reasonable doubt to be non-authentic or counterfeits.
If for any reason a product is returned to DaVic Art Gallery unopened and undamaged, customer has two options:
- DaVic Art Gallery may resend the product for a second time at customer’s request with shipping costs charged to customer, plus first return costs.
- Customer may now cancel the purchase. This will result in refund of the purchase amount minus full return shipping charges incurred by DaVic Art Gallery and minus a fixed $50.00CDN restocking fee. Full shipping charges include the cost for the initial shipping of the product and the cost for the return of the product.
For any questions or comments please contact us:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org